Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What? Really...

I would like to apologize for breaking my oath of posting a blog everyday. Yesterday, I realized that I still had 300 pages of the novel Native Son left to read and I had to get it done for a meeting with my mentor today. I did, however, finish the novel; it was a very interesting read considering it was a little lengthy. But, most importantly, a time management crisis was adverted. 

So, last night after I finished my reading, I turned on the television and The Real Housewives of New Jersey was on. Although I know that it is unhealthy, I am totally captivated by reality T.V.--it honestly doesn't matter what it is,  I'll probably watch it. Anyway, this was the first time that I tuned in to watch the New Jersey version of the show, and let me just say that these women are cut-throat: they do not mess around. 

At first I didn't really like how three of the housewives were related to one another, but then after I saw how they all used their family ties to gang up on this one woman last night, I changed my mind. This shit is going to be good. For those of you who missed the show, the whole episode revolved around the fact that one of the housewives was arrested for drugs, alleged prostitution, and kidnapping back in her twenties. This chick was into some pretty hardcore stuff. Well one of the other housewives served as the whistle-blower by showing the others a book that revealed this information about the crimes that the housewife committed. Crazy. On top of that, they also claim that she is still a quasi-prostitute because she makes her boyfriend pay for everything since they are having sex. This is a far cry from the Orange County and New York cast where the only things that they ever had to worry about were parties, "charity events", and gossip. No, this is New Jersey; these women are killers.




However, what really surprised me came on after the show: the preview episode of NYC Prep. After the first few seconds I knew that this shit was going to be good. The opening scene showed these six prep school kids, who, might I add,  look like they around sixteen, up in a swanky New York club ordering drinks, grinding all over one another, and acting the fool. But what makes it so much better is that it turns out that this was on some regular school night. What? Really...I literally could not stop laughing the entire night because crazy revelation after revelation kept flowing out of their mouths. To start with, they all attend prestigious New York Boarding schools and all aspire to go to Ivy League Universities upon graduation. Additionally, one of the girls even remarked that they spend around $500 dollars a day, most of the time, and each day is filled with an array of shopping, dinner plans, and parties. However, the best part of it all is that they have chosen the six most obnoxious adolescents I have ever seen in my life. They each have distinct personalities: one is pursuing a pop music career even though she can't sing, one is the self-professed player, one is a brilliant know-it-all, and one is a fashion forward boy who won't settle for anything less than front row during fashion week. What a crew; and there are others, as well. Throughout the entire show the exchanges between the teens are so melodramatic. There is too much drama. Many of them also look quite grotesque including this girl that I am, already, obsessed with.   

  
I'll let you be the judge. Im ready to see the ridiculous shit that will, no doubt, ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment